Hilmarton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HILLMARTON, a parish in the hundred of KINGSBRIDGE, county of WILTS, 3 miles (N.N.E.) from Calne, containing 787 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £20. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Hilmarton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library