Orcheston (St George & St Mary)

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ORCHESTON (ST-GEORGE), a parish in the hundred of HEYTESBURY, county of WILTS, 6 miles (W.N.W.) from Amesbury, containing, with the tything of Elston, 177 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £19. 7. 6. The Rev. Francis Gibbs was patron in 1802.

ELSTON, a tything in the parish of ORCHESTON-ST-GEORGE, hundred of HEYTESBURY, county of WILTS, 7miles (N.W. by W.) from Amesbury. The population is returned with the parish.

ORCHESTON (ST-MARY), a parish in the hundred of BRANCH-and-DOLE, county of WILTS, 7 miles (N.W. by W.) from Amesbury, containing 110 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £13. 13. 9., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Clare Hall, Cambridge.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Orcheston/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library