Patney

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PATNEY, a parish forming a distinct portion of the. hundred of ELSTUB-and-EVERLEY, county of WILTS, 4 miles (E.S.E.) from Devizes, containing 141 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £19. 8. 4., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Winchester. The church is dedicated to St. Swithin.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Patney/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library