Stanton St Bernard

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STANTON (ST-BERNARD), a parish in the hundred of SWANBOROUGH,-county of WILTS, 5 miles (E. by N.) from Devizes, containing 332 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £7, and in the patronage of the Earl of Pembroke. The church is dedicated to All Saints.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/StantonStBernard/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library