Sutton Benger

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SUTTON-BENGER, a parish in the hundred of MALMESBURY, county of WILTS, 5 miles (N.N.E.) of Chippenham, containing 458 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £6. 3. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Independents.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/SuttonBenger/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library