Urchfont

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

URCHFONT, a parish in the hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 2 miles (N.E.) from East Lavington, containing, with the tythings of Eastcott and Wedhampton, 1294 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the perpetual curacy of Stert annexed, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in. the king's books at £15. 15. 10., and in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is dedicated to St. Michael.

EASTCOTT, a tything in the parish of URCHFONT, hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 1 mile (N.E.) from East Lavington, containing 123 inhabitants.

WEDHAMPTON, a tything in the parish of URCHFONT, hundred of SWANBOROUGH, county of WILTS, 3 miles (N.E.) from East Lavington, containing 194 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Urchfont/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library