Our Lady & St Edmund's RC Church, Great Malvern

Recent Photograph of Our Lady & St Edmund's RC Church (Great Malvern)

Sited further up College Road from Malvern College Chapel stands the former RC Church of Our Lady & St Edmund, built 1905 by Peter Paul Pugin for the monks of Douai in France who had been expelled. They were eventually to settle in Berkshire but not until they had built a church next to the school which they had purchased. Another RC church was never needed in the area which already had three although none of these was in the centre of the town like this one.

(Information provided by Phil Draper)


Image contributed by Phil Draper on 13th March 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/GreatMalvern/OurLadyStEdmund.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library