Inside St Mary's Church, Bishops Frome (E)

Recent Photograph of Inside St Mary's Church (E) (Bishops Frome)

The Chancel Arch is probably part of what Pevsner calls ‘terribly pretentious neo-Norman’, and part of the 1861 restoration of the Nave; apparently all that remains of the original - which dates from the 12th century - is the window just visible to the side of the Pulplit (on the right of this photograph).

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie on 11th October 2007.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page:
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library