Wincle

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

WINCLE, a chapelry in the parish of PRESTBURY, hundred of MACCLESFIELD, county palatine of CHESTER, 5 miles (S.E. by S.) from Macclesfield, containing 466 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester, endowed with £400 private benefaction, £600 royal bounty, and £1300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Prestbury. The chapel was erected about 1642.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/Wincle/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library