Bosley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BOSLEY, a chapelry in the parish of PRESTBURY, hundred of MACCLESFIELD, county palatine of CHESTER, 4 miles (E.N.E.) from Congleton, containing 546 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Chester, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £1000 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Prestbury.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/Bosley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library