Buglawton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BUGLAWTON, a township in that part of the parish of ASTBURY which is in the hundred of NORTHWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 1 mile (N.E. by E.) from Congleton, containing 948 inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Extensive mills for spinning and preparing lace thread for the Nottingham and Buckingham manufacturers, are in active operation at this place. Here is a mineral spring, the water of which contains sulphur, a small quantity of Epsom salts, and calcareous earth, and has proved serviceable in scorbutic diseases,

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/Buglawton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library