Lady Manners Grammar School, Bakewell (2)

Recent Photograph of Lady Manners Grammar School (2) (Bakewell)

The Foundation Stone of these buildings, in Shutts Lane Bakewell, was laid on 20th May 1936 by the Duke of Rutland, on the 300th anniversary of the founding of the School by Grace, Lady Manners in 1636. They were built to replace overcrowded premises in Bath Street in Bakewell town.

This is a view of the left hand wing - the right hand wing may be seen on another image.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Rosemary Lockie in September 1989.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Bakewell/LadyManners2.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library