Disused Church at Two Dales, Darley

Recent Photograph of Disused Church at Two Dales (Darley)

Kelly's Directory of 1895 reports on a Wesleyan Chapel at Two Dales, built in 1827, and information on the Derbyshire Churches and Chapels website tells us that the present Methodist Church in Dale Road replaced an earlier Wesleyan Chapel, in Two Dales, so it seems highly probable this is it!

The Methodist Church was built in 1904, so presumably this building was closed for worship some time after that date. In more recent years, it has been used as a bakehouse, part of a thriving bakery business, and apparently (in 2010) this is still the case, as there is now a logo attached on the gable end nearest us which announces ‘Tig Bread’.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie/Janet Kirk)


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 9th June 2004.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/DarleyDale/DisusedChurch.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library