Primitive Methodist Church, Elton (1843)

Recent Photograph of Primitive Methodist Church (1843) (Elton)

Elton Methodist Church (formerly Primitive Methodist) dates from 1843. It is situated by the side of the main road, at the Middleton-by-Youlgreave end of the village.

Please note: it seems likely it is now (2010) closed for worship. It was however shown as still open on our OS Derbyshire Street Atlas of 1995, along with the former Wesleyan Chapel of 1852, off Moor Lane.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk/Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 3rd June 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Elton/MethodistChurch.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library