Village Hall, Elton (formerly Wesleyan Chapel)

Recent Photograph of Village Hall (formerly Wesleyan Chapel) (Elton)

This former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is situated close to All Saints Church, and is now the Village Hall.

An old stone tablet on the wall above the porch is inscribed:
‘Wesleyan Methodist Chapel & Sunday School 1831’.
A plaque above this reads:
‘Elton Village Hall 1982’.
Inscribed round the archway of the porch:
‘Rebuilt 1923 Enlarged’.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 3rd June 2005.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Elton/VillageHall.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library