Harpur Hill

Extract from Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire, 1895.
Transcribed by Rosemary Lockie, © Copyright 2012

A Mission church and school have been erected at HARPUR HILL in this parish [Burbage] by the Buxton Lime Co. who also pay an annual stipend to the curate, and have further established a reading and news room; the Rev. Henry Clark May L.Th. of Durham University, has been curate in charge since 1894.
[Kelly's Directory of Derbyshire, 1895]

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/HarpurHill/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library