Old Chapel, Hartington

Recent Photograph of Old Chapel (Hartington)

The old Chapel, Hall Bank, Hartington dates from 1809. It was dedicated originally as Wesleyan Methodist, and - taking advantage of the sloping site - was combined with a schoolroom below. It was closed some time after 1995, and is now (2010) a private house.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Reference
Non Conformist Chapels and Meeting Houses, Derbyshire. Published by the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England 1986. ISBN 0 11 300007 3.


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 24th June 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Hartington/OldChapel.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library