Great Longstone Methodist Chapel, Great Longstone

Recent Photograph of Great Longstone Methodist Chapel (Great Longstone)

Yes, it looks like there's a bell tower at the back of the Chapel, but it's actually on the old school building built on to the rear.

This Wesleyan Chapel was opened in 1843. Its entrance was originally on the south side, facing us, but when the schoolroom was added, a new entrance was created at that end.

(Information provided by Janet Kirk/Rosemary Lockie)

Reference
Non Conformist Chapels and Meeting Houses, Derbyshire. Published by the Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England 1986. ISBN 0 11 300007 3.


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 24th June 2008.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Longstone/MethodistChapel.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library