Pinxton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

PINXTON, a parish in the hundred of SCARSDALE, county of DERBY, 4 miles (E. by S.) from Alfreton, containing 681 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Derby, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6. 0. 10., and in the patronage of D. Ewes Coke, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Helena. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. The Erewash canal passes through the parish, and a railway leads hence to Mansfield.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Pinxton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library