Wesleyan Reform Chapel, Youlgreave (1857)

Recent Photograph of Wesleyan Reform Chapel (1857) (Youlgreave)

This Chapel dates from 1857, and was built on a plot of land donated by William Pole Thornhill of Stanton Hall. A schoolroom was added in 1860, and it was further extended in 1886. It was further enlarged in 1913 when stained glass windows were also added, and to add even more to its credit it was the first chapel to be lit by electric light.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)

Reference
The Free Newsletter for Villages of Alport, Middleton and Youlgrave - (“Bugle 2000”, pp.2-3) The Bugle. Back issues are available from 1998.


Image contributed by Alf Beard on 2nd July 2003.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Youlgreave/WesleyanChapel.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library