Charlton Abbots

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CHARLTON (ABBOT'S), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of KIFTSGATE, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (S. by E.) from Winchcombe, containing 87 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of Francis Pyson, Esq.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/CharltonAbbots/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library