Clearwell

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CLEARWELL, a chapelry in the parish of NEWLAND, hundred of ST-BRIAVELLS, county of GLOUCESTER, 7 miles (W. by N.) from Blakeney, containing 583 inhabitants. The chapel has lately received four hundred and fifty additional sittings, three hundred and eighty of them free, towards defraying the expense of which the Incorporated Society for the enlargement of churches and chapels granted £400. There is a curious stone cross at this place.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Clearwell/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library