Coaley

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

COALEY, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of BERKELEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (N.N.E.) from Dursley, containing 1117 inhabitants. The living, is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £8. 2. 2., and in the patronage of the Crown. The. church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Coaley/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library