Frampton Cotterell

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

FRAMPTON-COTTERELL, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of LANGLEY-AND-SWINEHEAD, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Chipping-Sodbury, containing 1610 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £11. 16. 0., and in the alternate patronage of the Duke of Beaufort and the representatives of the late Mr. Hughes. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. Independents and Wesleyan Methodists have each a place of worship here. Frampton derives its name from being situated on the river Frome.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/FramptonCotterell/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library