All Saints Church, Gloucester

Recent Photograph of All Saints Church (Gloucester)

Built in 1875 to a design by George Gilbert Scott, the church stands at a crossing point of Barton Street, memorable as the spot where it used to pass over an old railway line by level crossing. The railway line is now gone, closed some time in the late 1970s, replaced with a road (Trier Way) in more recent years; and the church was closed for worship in 1989. The building is now in use as an Anglo-Chinese Community Centre, whilst the parish of All Saints has combined with St James in Upton Street to become the parish of St James and All Saints.

(Information provided by John Williams/Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by John Williams on 25th November 2010.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Gloucester/AllSaints.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library