Harescombe

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HARESCOMB, a parish in the middle division of the hundred of DUDSTONE-AND-KINGS-BARTON, county of GLOUCESTER, 2 miles (W. by N.) from Painswick, containing 104 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory with that of Pitchcomb, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £6. 8., and in the patronage of - Pernal, Esq. The church, dedicated, to St. John the Baptist, has been lately rebuilt, and the expenses defrayed by voluntary contributions.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Harescombe/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library