Haresfield

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HARESFIELD, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WHITSTONE, county of GLOUCESTER, 5 miles (N.W. by N.) from Stroud, containing 662 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £17, and in the patronage of the Earl of Hardwicke. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, appears to have been built by the prior of Llanthony; it has a western tower, surmounted by a handsome spire. The Gloucester and Berkeley canal passes through the parish. A trifling sum, the united bequests of Mrs. Capel and Mr. Daniel Niblett, is appropriated to the instruction of children.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Haresfield/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library