Standish

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STANDISH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WHITSTONE, county of GLOUCESTER, 6 miles (N.W.) from Stroud, containing 525 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £44. 2. 8½, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Gloucester. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is principally in the decorated style of English architecture.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Standish/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library