Lea

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

LEA, a parish partly in the hundred of ST-BRIAVELLS, county of GLOUCESTER, and partly in the hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (E.S.E.) from Ross, containing 180 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Gloucester, and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the President and Fellows of St. John's College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. John.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Lea/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library