Lower Slaughter

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SLAUGHTER (LOWER), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of SLAUGHTER, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (S.W.) from Stow on the Wold, containing 242 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bourton on the Water, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester. The parish is crossed on the south-east by the Fosse-road, near which a figure of Pallas, sculptured in stone, was discovered about 1770.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/LowerSlaughter/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library