Ozleworth

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

OZELWORTH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of BERKELEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 3 miles (E. by S.) from Wotton under Edge, containing 134 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £6. 10. 5., and in the patronage of Mrs. Fisher. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, has an octagonal central tower, rising from enriched Norman arches.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/Ozleworth/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library