Newington Bagpath

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

NEWINGTON-BAGPATH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of BERKELEY, county of GLOUCESTER, 4 miles (W.N.W.) from Tetbury, containing 247 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacy of Owlpen, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Gloucester, rated in the king's books at £14, and in the patronage of Robert Kingscote, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/GLS/NewingtonBagpath/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library