The Market House, Ross

Recent Photograph of The Market House (Ross)

Market Hall - 1660-74. Of red sandstone. ‘The ground floor, as usual, is open. It has two by six columns and arches. The upper windows have medallions and arched lights. Against one gable a good medallion of Charles II. Staircase with dumb-bell balusters. In the upper room along the axis four square tapering timber plates’.
[Pevsner, Nikolaus - The Buildings of England, Penguin, 1963]

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Mel Lockie on 27th October 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/HEF/Ross/MarketHouse.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library