Uffington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

UFFINGTON, a parish in the Wellington division of the hundred of BRADFORD (South), county of SALOP, 3-miles (E.N.E.) from Shrewsbury, containing 139 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £20 per annum private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of John Corbett, Esq. The. church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The Shrewsbury canal passes through the parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/SAL/Uffington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library