Blurton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BLURTON, a chapelry in the parish of TRENTHAM, northern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 4 miles (S.E. by E.) from Newcastle under Line, containing, with Lightwood Forest, 844 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Marquis of Stafford.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Blurton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library