Haughton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

HAUGHTON, a parish in the western division of the hundred of CUTTLESTONE, county of STAFFORD, 4 miles (S.W. by W.) from Stafford, containing 473 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £9. 11. 3., and in the patronage of James Royds, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Giles.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Haughton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library