Seighford

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SEIGHFORD, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of PIREHILL, county of STAFFORD, 2 miles (W.N.W.) from Stafford, containing, with the townships of Aston and Doxey, 851 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Stafford, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Chad. Six children are instructed for about £3. 3. a year, arising from a bequest by Dame Dorothy Bridgman.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/STS/Seighford/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library