Castle Eaton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

CASTLE-EATON, a parish in the hundred of HIGHWORTH-CRICKLADE-and-STAPLE, county of WILTS, 5 miles (N.W.) from Highworth, containing 334 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £19, and in the patronage of the Rev. T. Shepherd and another. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/CastleEaton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library