Inglesham

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

INGLESHAM, a parish partly in the hundred of FARRINGDON, county of BERKS, but chiefly in that of HIGHWORTH, CRICKLADE, and STAPLE, county of WILTS, 3 miles (N.) from Highworth, containing 129 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Inglesham/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library