Keevil with Bulkington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

KEEVIL, a parish comprising the tything of Bulkington, in the hundred of MELKSHAM, but chiefly in the hundred of WHORWELSDOWN, county of WILTS, 4 miles (E.) from Trowbridge, containing 802 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £12. 7. 1., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard.

BULKINGTON, a tything in that part of the parish of KEEVIL which is in the hundred of MELKSHAM, county of WILTS, 5 miles (S.E.) from Melksham, containing 306 inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Keevil/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library