Minety

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

MINETY, a parish chiefly in the hundred of CROWTHORNE-and-MINETY, county of GLOUCESTER, though partly in the hundred of MALMESBURY, county of WILTS, 5½ miles.(N.E. by E.) from Malmesbury, containing 562 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Wilts, and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £7. 7. 6., endowed with £12 per annum private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Wilts. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, with the parsonage-house and some other houses, and about forty acres of land, is in Wiltshire, and surrounded by that part of the parish which is in Gloucestershire, though the entire parish is bounded on every side by the former county. There is a spring in the parish, the water of which is impregnated with iron.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Minety/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library