Shrewton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SHREWTON, a parish in the hundred of BRANCH-and-DOLE, county of WILTS, 5 miles (W.N.W.) from Amesbury, containing 461 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There are two places of worship for Baptists.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WIL/Shrewton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library