Berrow

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BERROW, a parish in a detached part of the lower division of the hundred of OSWALDSLOW, locally in the lower division of the hundred of Pershore, county of WORCESTER, 6 miles (S.W.) from Upton upon Severn, containing 464 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £7. 18. 4., and endowed with £1200 parliamentary grant. The church is dedicated to St. Faith.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Berrow/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library