Birtsmorton

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

BIRTS-MORTON, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of PERSHORE, county of WORCESTER, 5 miles (S.W.) from Upton upon Severn, containing 230 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the kings books at £7. 8. 1½, and in the patronage of J.Thackwell, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. A charity school was endowed by Samuel Juice, in 1703, for the instruction of boys, a few of whom are clothed by means of a separate fund. The manor-house is an ancient edifice, surrounded by a moat still very perfect.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Birtsmorton/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library