Eckington

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

ECKINGTON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of PERSHORE, county of WORCESTER, 4 miles (S.S.W.) from Pershore, containing 668 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £5. 1. 8., endowed with £6 per annum and £100 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. There is a stone bridge over the Avon, which is here navigable.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/Eckington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library