Severn Stoke

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

STOKE (SEVERN), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of PERSHORE, county of WORCESTER, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Upton upon Severn, containing 666 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £21. 17. 4., and in the patronage of the Earl of Coventry. The church is dedicated to St. Denis. A market and a fair were granted to be held here by Edward II., but both of them have been long since disused.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/SevernStoke/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library