Upton Warren

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

UPTON-WARREN, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of HALFSHIRE, county of WORCESTER, 3 miles-{N.E. by N.) from Droitwich, containing 463 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £11. 2. 3., and in the patronage of the Earl of Shrewsbury, The church, dedicated to St. Michael, has been partly rebuilt, and the interior is neatly fitted up. A school here is endowed with the rent of certain land in the parish of Bromsgrove, left many years since for that purpose: a house for the master and a schoolroom are given by the Earl of Shrewsbury, at a nominal rent. There is also an annuity of £10, bequeathed by a person named Saunders, to be paid by the Grocers' Company, for apprenticing, in London, a boy born of poor parents of this parish.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/WOR/UptonWarren/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library