Shavington with Gresty

Extract from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831.
Transcribed by Mel Lockie, © Copyright 2010
Lewis Topographical Dictionaries

SHAVINGTON, a township, joint with Gresty, in the parish of WYBUNBURY, hundred of NANTWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 4 miles (E.) from Nantwich, containing 274 inhabitants. The old manorial seat of the Wodenothes, of whom was descended John, the celebrated antiquary, born in 1624, was highly curious, from its age, and the abundance of stained glass and other ancient relics it contained.

GRESTY, a township, joint with Shavington, in the parish of WYBUNBURY, hundred of NANTWICH, county palatine of CHESTER, 4 miles (E.) from Nantwich, containing 274 inhabitants.

This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/Shavington/index.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library