St Saviour's Church, Wildboarclough

Recent Photograph of St Saviour's Church (Wildboarclough)

The dedication of the church is recorded on board inside the church porch. It reads:

“Saint Saviours Church in the Diocese of Chester and Province of York.
Built by Frederick Arthur Stanley XVI Earl of Derby as a Memorial for
the safe return of his sons
from The South African War. The Foundation Stone was laid in September
1901 and Consecration took place on St Peters Day 1909 in the presence
of The Countess of Derby. Estate Craftsmen worked on the building
using largely local Materials.”

(Information provided by Janet Kirk)


Image contributed by Peter Kirk on 21st September 2008.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/CHS/Wildboarclough/StSaviour.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library