St Lawrence's Church, Barlow (West Gallery)

Recent Photograph of St Lawrence's Church (West Gallery) (Barlow)

This West Gallery dates from 1921. It was a replacement for one of two galleries which were added during an 18th century refurbishment of the church. The second gallery - a ‘Singers Gallery’ - had been built over the Lady Chapel, but it was removed in 1906.

This photograph also shows the magnificent timbered roof.

(Information provided by Rosemary Lockie)


Image contributed by Janet Kirk on 18th June 2009.
This is a Genealogy Website
URL of this page: http://places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/DBY/Barlow/StLawrence7.html
Logo by courtesy of the Open Clip Art Library